Phone Number Restrictions have been put in place to prevent the use of one phone number across multiple accounts. A phone number can only be used once within our system.
When a phone number is already in use, the following notification will appear when an attempt is made to edit an account or create an account:
“The phone number is already in use. Please use a different phone number.”
- Eliminate the number of fraudulent accounts all using the same phone number.
- Reduce the number of transactions resulting in chargebacks.
Recommended steps for User:
- Login to the existing account with the phone number already in use and make the appropriate updates to that original account.
- If you do not remember your password for the existing account, refer to Resetting your password for assistance.
- If for any reason the phone number used is not accepted, use a different valid U.S. based phone number.
- If the phone number cannot be updated due to the 30-day edit restriction, you must allow for the time period to expire, before an update to the phone number can be made.